For more information on Blyth, please send us a message below. We’d love to hear from you!
The Blyth BIA was formed to support the Blyth and Area Business Improvement Area (BBIA) as an attractive business and shopping area. A consistent stream of revenue is derived from a Township of North Huron, (Blyth Ward) levy, which is made possible under legislation of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, who is responsible for administering the legislation and the policy concerning all BIAs. Every business within the designated Business Improvement Area boundary contributes to the levy.
The BBIA works to
- Oversee the beautification and improvements of the downtown shopping area. Initiatives include assets like customer-friendly lighting, signage, cross-walks, street furniture, planters, banners and sidewalk treatments as well as seasonal decorations and guiding streetscaping and facade improvement designs to enhance and strengthen the community’s unique identity.
- Promote the area as a business or shopping area. We encourage both local residents and others to shop, dine, attend performances and use services provided by our members.
- Foster community engagement to strengthen and build community interest, spirit, pride and networks beyond the boundaries of the BBIA.
- Create special events with community partners to promote and showcase our businesses. Examples include festivals, arts and crafts exhibitions, cultural celebrations, seasonal parades, and a local farmers’ market.
- Undertake strategic planning necessary to address business improvement area issues. Ongoing strategies include working to find an optimum business and service mix is achieved and maintained to create and sustain a more vibrant economic environment, decrease vacancy rates and stimulate new tourism and investment opportunities.
- Communicate … as a voice for the business community to convey concerns to Council or to provide a feedback mechanism for council issues.
- Your Company name will be included in a business directory online with links to your own website or social media networks, as applicable.
- You’ll be eligible to participate in joint marketing initiatives.
- Your Company name all be included on our Tourism map. The digital map will include links to your website or social network, if applicable.
Associate Membership 2018-2019: $95.00
Click the button below to fill out and send in an associate membership application.